Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I'm so lucky!

Look what came in the mail for me today, all the way from Sweden!

Well, hello! This is the first thing I saw when I started opening the package.

well, hello!

That turned out to be this, a cereal box...

the box

which contained all these goodies.

what's inside

Theres some lovely, soft Swedish laceweight wool in heathery greens and purples (a combination I love -- does the sofa tell you anything?); some silver heart-shaped tags; wonderful handmade stitch markers I can't wait to start using; yummy Gummi candy; soft gingerbread biscuits to go with my coffee in the morning or tea in the afternoon; and a sweet letter, which much to my surprise promises another package soon.

I don't know what I did to deserve all this, but I'm incredibly grateful. Thank you, kind Swedish lady knitter. You made me very happy today.

My swap-ee has only gotten a short note from me in the post so far, but this week I'll be sending out the first of two packages, with the final set to go out midweek next week if all goes well and I haven't created mud instead of pretty dyed yarn.

I've so enjoyed playing with color and yarn... too bad I'm not better at it yet.

1 comment:

Anne said...

What a thoughtful and wonderful package. The cereal box is too cute!!